Free Bill Of Sale Template | 16+ Free Bill of Sale Format in Word, PDF, Excel – A “Bill Of Sale” is the sale agreement which is made as a proof for any goods sold. A bill of sale is most commonly prepared/used in case of the car sale, horse sale, furniture sale, equipment sale, boat sale, motorcycle sale and much more. Here, we have shortlisted 15 different bills of sale template design. Do keep in mind this kind of document is used when transacting a big value object and generally not used when item value is not significant. When then transaction is being executed a copy of bill of sale is handed to the buyer confirming as proof of purchase, payment and future ownership of the transacted product. This document may also be required for future taxation or accounting purpose.
In this article, we will also guide you the detail elements of a standard Free Bill Of Sale Template that you can create your own copy by keeping all details in mind. We have tried to cover every important segment by providing the free bill of sales template starting from vehicle bill of sale template, Boat bill of sale template to businesses, equipment to firearms. Documents uploaded here are in Microsoft Word, PDF, Google Docs and in Excel format which are fully customizable. We have also provided the snippet of each document for you to glance through before you go for print.
- 12+ Vehicle Bill Of Sale Template.
- 13+ Bill Of Sale Template.
- 15+ Downloadable Bill of Sale Form Template PDF and in Word Format.
Bill Of Sale Template For Furniture:
Boat Sale Agreement Template Free
Bill Of Sale Format:
A bill of sale is a document used as a proof of a transaction made between the seller and a buyer for the sale of goods. Basically, a first section of the bill of sale contains the name, address, contact info of the buyer as well as the seller. Then comes the product description section where you need to give the description of the product that is going to be transacted. Product details must contain the ID No, machine no. etc of the product which will certify of authenticate the product if needed if future. After that comes the price section where, you need to write the selling price, mode of transaction and payment details. Finally comes the most important section which is the signature of both buyer and seller with date along with the witness signature.
Vehicle Bill Of Sale Template PDF File:
What are the thing we should include in a Bill of Sale?
While creating a bill of sale template one should keep in mind it should have all the important information in it such as Buyer & Seller details, date of the transaction, the item which is going to change hand, any specific condition which may be applicable, cost of the item and finally signature of both the parties along with witnesses. Having all the information this document would be acceptable as a proof of purchase and sales slip. Here is the detail explanation of each point:
- Date of transaction: This is one of the main elements of a standard bill of sale template. The date of transaction denotes the exact date when the ownership of the asset gets transferred from one individual to another. In case of a vehicle sale, this does not necessarily indicate the transfer of ownership unless the registration documentation is done.
- Seller & Buyer information: Any standard bill of sale document must carry the detail information of buyer and seller such as contact information, address, phone number, driving license number etc. Buyer can run a little background check on the seller by cross-checking the seller information mentioned in the bill of sale document and driving license picture Identity before making the final payment to be sure of that seller is the legal owner of the asset.
- Item description: Depending on the product, the item description may be descriptive of simple. Though it is always a good practice to mention all the details of the asset which is going to get transferred with exact information on the date of the transaction.
- Payment: This is another important point of a bill of sale. The exact amount that has been agreed by the buyer for payment should mention in the receipt along with the payment terms. If sales tax is going to be levied that should also be mentioned in the form by clearly mentioning the taxable amount.
- As-is or Warranty: One should not miss this while creating a bill of sale. “As-is” means the seller agrees to transfer the asset to the new owner in its current state of condition that should not be degraded on the date of ownership transfer. If the buyer is not satisfied with the state of condition of the product he may have to right to renegotiate or get the monitory compensation for that. In some cases, seller even offers a warranty period for the asset which should be clearly mentioned in the bill of sale about the conditions what will and will not be provided to the buyer upon which state of occurrence including the period of time.
- Witness: In some places, it is mandatory to have the document notarized. If there is no need to have notarized documentation then one should make sure there is third-party sing in the form of a witness that confirms that in his best knowledge the transaction document has been signed by the actual buyer and seller on his presence.
Above mention points are quite critical for a standard bill of sale template. It is advisable that both the party should have one copy of the final document and they should go through the agreement quite well before signing. For any high price transaction, or for complicated “As-is” state, buyer and seller surely want to have a middleman such as an attorney who will simplify the procedure for both the parties.
Blank Bill Of Sale Template Image
This simple bill of sale temple has all the important points to perform standard transaction and keep this one as a bill of sale document. This basic Free Bill of sale word template has the buyer & seller name space along with date, detail description of the good which is going to get transferred, amount of the transaction and finally the signature space at the bottom of the template for both the parties.
General Use Free Bill Of Sale Template
Bill Of Sale Agreement Of Motor Vehicle Free:
Bill Of Sale Format Blank Template
Vehicle Bill Of Sale Template PDF File
In the above, there is a perfect example of the vehicle bill of sale. Here, you get the name section for both buyer and seller after that, there is the vehicle information section, where you need to put on the year, model no. sale date, engine number, license plate etc. then comes the warranty section and disclosure statement and at last money and signature section. You can download the PDF version of this vehicle bill of sale from the download button stated just below the image.
AS-IS Free Bill Of Sale Template
AS-IS is the perfect bill of sale for the seller. It means that the goods is being sale on its current condition and the buyer is accepting that. In future if anything or any fault occurs in that good, then the seller is no more liable for that. Check out the Word file of the “AS-IS” bill of sale. Download the template, fill the details and you can also add the additional details and can use it.
Conditional Blank Bill Of Sale Template:
Equipment Free Bill Of Sale Template
Automobile Bill Of Sale Free Template PDF
Bill Of Sale Free Template For Motorcycle Sale
Motor Cycle Free Bill Of Sale Template Word File
Horse Sale Agreement/Bill Of Sale Template:
General Use Free Bill Of Sale Template